Sunday, February 26, 2017

Flocking and leather...

I had to make yet another sympathy card this week and since I still had some left-over pieces of the teal and brown flocked paper I had used for an earlier card (remember this one?).
I thought I would try a new, simple design on the new one.  I don't know why I never thought of this before, but I cut the size mat of paper that I wanted to use, then just turned down the upper right corner to reveal white space behind it and stamped the message there.  I also had a piece of dark brown "leather" paper, i.e., it feels like leather, which I used to mat the card... it feels nice but of course on the photos, it looks like plain brown card stock!
I was going to add a simple ribbon bow but decided that this heavy twine lightened up the coloring a bit, and I did like the final effect.

Anyway... here is the final result, of which I am very pleased.  You will see this design again, I am certain!

No comments:

Post a Comment