Monday, February 20, 2017

God with a Capital G



Leviticus 22:32b-33 I am the Lord, who made you holy and who brought you out of Egypt to be your God.  I am the Lord.

The word “lord” means “master, or ruler”.  God reminded the Israelites of Who He is both before and after His statement of His purpose, so I think this must have been an important piece of information He was giving them!  Why did He make them holy?  To be their God.  Why did He bring them out of slavery in Egypt?  To be their God,  “God”, with a capital G … not just something or someone admired as superhuman, but THE Supreme Being, THE Creator, and THE Ruler of the universe.  His purpose in saving me is to have His rightful place/position in my life, to free me from the effects of slavery to sin, and to make me holy in His sight.  He is my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment