Friday, February 10, 2017

That Necessary Divine Presence



Exodus 33:13 If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you.

Moses had a big responsibility to lead the children of Israel and he felt the weight of that responsibility very keenly.  He recognized that unless God helped him, he would not be able to do it successfully or effectively.  In the verse before this, we see that Moses knew of God’s promise to him to help him, but he still felt the need to voice his own desire to know God’s ways and to know God better.  I can certainly understand that need.  The older I get the more keenly I feel the need to express that desire to God, to remind Him that He knows my heart and my goal to honor Him with my life.  I want to request His divine assistance in accomplishing that goal.  God’s response in verse 14 is my own encouragement as it was Moses’:   “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”  Moses would have all the help he needed for whatever he had to do … and he would have rest [from turmoil and/or confusion] in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment