Monday, February 13, 2017

Simplicity

I am a craft store clearance shelf plunderer.  I almost never pay full price for any of my crafting items and I am particularly pleased when I find a really good bargain to add to my supplies.

One such item was this stamp that I found for a tiny price about a year ago.
I had no idea how I would actually use it, but I knew that I would use it sometime, so I went ahead and purchased it even though I rarely buy things I don't have at least a good idea of how I want to use it.

Well, the other day I wanted to make a simple, mostly plain (white) card with a simple but colorful design included on it somehow.  Ah ha!  Eureka!  A chance to use my never-before used stamp!  So... with the help of some colorful bling and my "just for you" stamp (that I use a lot), and my trusty black Memento stamp pad, I created a card that turned out exactly as I had pictured it ... a truly uncommon result for my non-artistic self!

 My biggest issue ended up being that with the gemstones I used, it would be difficult to mail this card but as it turned out I had occasion to hand-deliver it so I saved myself the effort of figuring out how to make it safe for delivery intact.


No comments:

Post a Comment