Friday, February 24, 2017

Assignments



Numbers 4:49a At the Lord’s command through Moses, each was assigned his work and told what to carry.

Here is yet another reminder of the importance of details to God.  Not only were the Levites assigned the work they were to do, but were even told what to carry!  Nothing would be haphazard.  No item from the tabernacle could be lost or left behind if each carried what he was assigned to carry.  Moses gave the orders to the Levites, but the commands were actually coming from the Lord.  Every individual had his assigned task of either serving or carrying (according to the wording of the English Standard Version).  If each one was faithful to his assigned task, every task was accomplished and nothing was lost or left behind.  It makes me think about my own life and the tasks I have for “serving or carrying.”  God is orchestrating everything in my life, even the smallest details, but He is depending on me to be faithful so that my share of His work in the world gets done, and gets done correctly.  This makes me all the more determined to do what He has called me to do, and I pray regularly that I will be able to “stick with it” to do my job faithfully and completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment