Saturday, February 11, 2017

My morning after morning offering to God



Can you tell I've been reading the book of Exodus lately??? 🕮

Exodus 36:3b And the people continued to bring freewill offerings morning after morning.

I see several important words in this verse, key words that can give special direction to my life:

   1.  continued” … The offerings people brought were requested only one time by Moses and the tabernacle construction/decoration engineers.  Requested one time, but received more often.  The people obviously had caught a vision for what they were supporting.

   2.  freewill” … The people were not forced into bringing the offerings.  They recognized how much their small portion contributed to the whole need.  Evidently, how much each person brought is not important enough to have been mentioned.

   3.  “morning after morning” … Although there is no indication that the same people came every day, nevertheless every day an offering showed up!  

 As long as I have something to offer God, why not make it continuing, freely given, morning after morning?  The blessing will be mine if I give God whatever I have to offer.  As I grow older, I am realizing more and more just how much better my life is when I am regularly, continuously, freely giving myself and all I can do to God, no matter how simple or small I may consider that offering to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment