Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sympathy card

It's been a hard week in many ways.  One of the challenges that comes along with growing older is the fact that you can lose three friends in one week, all to age-related issues. But it does give me the opportunity to put my card-making supply stash to good use, as I did with this card.  I had a sheet of brown and blue flocked paper that I'd kept for quite a long time, thinking I might eventually find a good use for it, and it worked well for this sympathy card.  I cut 3/4 in. off the right side of the front of the card so the blue interior would show, then foam-taped the die cut label to the front, extending it over the edge .  Adding the topaz-colored stones helped set off the color of the brown flocking. 

The picture of the interior is not too clear, but I stamped the image and words with brown ink on the light blue cardstock and it has a very quiet effect, which is what I was looking for.

Overall, I was pleased with the outcome, and pray that the recipient of this card will sense the love and concern I've tried to express in this small way.


No comments:

Post a Comment