Tuesday, February 7, 2017

4 years+

It has been four years, one month and seven days since my retirement.  In that time I learned
>how to care for an elderly parent full-time,
>how to say good-bye to that parent (temporarily, until we meet in heaven one day), and
>how to manage my freer time and energy.
>I have been able to read and write like I've always aspired to do, and
>I have been able to learn new scrap booking and card-making techniques.

And that has led me to this blog ... my way of publishing what I am doing on a small scale and without deadlines.

For example, just today I was reading and meditating on Luke 18:26-27: Those who heard this asked, "Who then can be saved?"  Jesus replied, "What is impossible with man is possible with God."

I am reminded once again of the magnitude of our salvation through Jesus when I read this statement of His.  We often think of the "impossibilities" as physical or material things ...
~it is "impossible" to manage natural disasters or even weather ...
~ it is "impossible" to heal an incurable disease ....
~it is "impossible" to keep evil people from conjuring up ways to do their evil deeds ...
and the list can go on and on.  Yet the impossibility being spoken of here is a far bigger, far more intimidating one than any other.  It is a spiritual impossibility.  No matter what methodology any religion has ever come up with, only God Himself can ever guarantee a person's eternal salvation.
 All other methods only offer a "hope for the best" style of salvation if any at all.  But with God, salvation is possible.  That is great comfort to me!

1 comment:

  1. Wow time flies, Jo Ann. So glad to keep up with you in this manner.

    ReplyDelete