Tuesday, June 20, 2017

While I am still "young"

 
Ecclesiastes 12:6 Remember him [“your Creator, v.1] – before the silver cord is severed, and the golden bowl is broken.

This chapter includes such a picturesque description of old age!  In doing so, it makes me realize the importance of remembering (and therefore heeding) God while I can actually do something to honor and serve Him.  I want to love, honor and serve God before I tremble and stoop or loose my good vision (v.3), before my hearing gets too bad (v.4), and before I lose my energy (v.5).  The day could come when I do not have the physical ability to even leave my house so I want to do what I can before that happens, before the “silver cord” to an active lifestyle is severed and before the “golden bowl” of meaningful activity is broken.  I want to remember my Creator in the days of my youth (12:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment