Friday, June 30, 2017

Birthday booms

I recently purchased a new set of stamps called Birthday Blooms.  I was captured by the lovely outline rose and nice sentiments, so when I needed to make birthday cards this week, I chose this new set and was able to get two completely different looks from the same stamp.

I am continuing to learn how to color and shade and although I still have a long way to go since this is something that does not come to me naturally, I felt like it was nice enough to  go ahead and use on top of the fainter background stamped in a light sand color.

I embellished the insides of the cards with the same stamp set.
When I stamped the sentiment and was lifting the stamp off the page, it slipped from my hand and fell back onto the paper, making a light, but very noticeable mark of brown ink.  I went looking for a way to cover the flaw and came up with the pink and white flower.  Although it is not what I had intended, the final result is nice enough to not have to discard the almost completed card!


No comments:

Post a Comment