Friday, June 9, 2017

Resting contentedly



Proverbs 19:23 The fear of the Lord leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble.

The fear of the Lord keeps me moving in the right direction spiritually, towards eternal life, but also towards a richer and fuller life.  Part of that richness comes in the form of rest and contentment in the face of trouble.  We are not told here, any place else in scripture for that matter, that our troubles will disappear.  But this verse says we will rest content because trouble will not touch us.  That word picture says to me that the trouble will not affect how I am able to respond to life and its events.  My fear of the Lord will give me a richness of life that will be above the troubles of life, and that will enable me to rest content in spite of any trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment