Thursday, June 22, 2017

Three necessary characteristics



Proverbs 31:25a, 26a She is clothed with strength and dignity; … She speaks with wisdom.

When I think back to the women I have admired most throughout my life, I can see that each one of them were the kind of women “of noble character” (v.10) described here.  Strength, dignity and wisdom are three characteristics I have wanted to emulate in my adult life.  In these two verses I also see why these three things are so important to have.  Strength and dignity give me the confidence to face the unknown future; they enable me to “laugh at the days to come.”  Wisdom enables me to not only speak well but also to give faithful instruction.  People will have confidence in what I say if I have displayed wisdom, strength and dignity in what I have said.  If I want to leave a positive influence on those around me, I will need for God to develop strength, dignity and wisdom in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment