Friday, June 30, 2017

Stand, hold, and see



II Chronicles 20:17 Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you … Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.

As I was reading this I was struck with the fact that the people always had to prepare for battle even though so many times they did not actually have to fight, as was the case this time.  In a sense, the “value” is in the preparation for battle, not in the fighting.  It is in the preparation phase that I gain strength for the fight because I am exercising and practicing.  It is in the preparation phase where I learn to use the weapons I have and the use of logistics.  So in that sense, I am strong and prepared for the battle.  I do not have to do the fighting in order to be a good soldier.  As the Levite named Jehaziel told King Jehoshaphat in v.15, “Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army.  For the battle is not yours, but God’s.”  Even though they would not have to fight, the army was well prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment