Friday, June 2, 2017

Whichever way the wind blows



Song of Solomon 4:18 Awake, north winds, and come, south wind!  Blow on my garden that its fragrance may spread everywhere.

If I have developed a fragrant garden of faith in my life, and have kept it cultivated by a regular and vibrant spiritual life and relationship with God, the resulting fragrance will be recognizable no matter what circumstances come my way.  The “north wind” makes me think of cold, of difficulty, blowing across my life, and the “south wind” reminds me of gentle, warm breezes, of good times.  So when I read here of both winds spreading the garden’s fragrance everywhere, I immediately am reminded of how God wants to use EVERY circumstance in my life to have an effect on those around me.  May my “fragrance” be sweet no matter which way the wind is blowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment