Wednesday, June 28, 2017

God's way or my way?



I Kings 20:28 Because the Arameans think the Lord is a god of the hills and not a god of the valleys, I will deliver this vast army into your hands, and you will know that I am the Lord.

It seems ironic to me that the message of the Lord to King Ahab here is really for him and not so much for the enemy he was preparing to fight.  The Arameans’ thought and planning was to meet the Israelites on the plains so their god could not help them because he appeared to them to be a god of the hills.  So naturally, if the Israelites won it would show the Arameans, the enemy, that God was the Lord.  But instead, this message from the Lord is saying that if the Israelites win the battle, it would show them and King Ahab that God was the Lord.  Ahab needed this message as yet another attempt by God to have him turn away from the idols he worshipped instead of the Lord.  Yet even with the victory that followed, he did not change his ways.  Ahab had opportunity after opportunity to see God’s greatness and His superiority over all other gods, but he never changed his ways.  I pray that I will never become so determined to follow my own path that I cannot or will not believe the Truth when I see it or hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment