Friday, July 21, 2017

Walking not stumbling



Hosea 14:9b The ways of the Lord are right; the righteous walk in them but the rebellious stumble in them.

It seems almost ironic, in a sense, that the same way of living (walking in the ways of the Lord) affects the believer (the righteous) so differently from the unbeliever (the rebellious).  We see evidence of this almost daily in the responses people have to living according to God’s principles.  As a believer made righteous through Christ, I find following God a joy, a freedom-fulfilling, a peace-creating way of life.  Others find following that same road to be stressful, intimidating, and restrictive.  My faith in Christ and my commitment to live for Him and my love for Him is what separates me from the world.  My salvation and new life in Christ is what makes my response to God’s demands so different, and I would not be able to understand that difference aside from a mind that has been renewed by Christ.  I want to walk, not stumble along in what is left of my live.

No comments:

Post a Comment