Monday, July 17, 2017

The banner on the mountain



Isaiah 18:3 All you people of the world, you who live on the earth, when a banner is raised on the mountains, you will see it, and when a trumpet sounds you will hear it.

This verse is a portion of the prophecy against the godlessness of the people of the land of Cush, but the target of the prophecy was not the thing that stuck me as I read it.  Whet I noticed was the fact that when God speaks against wickedness/sin/evil, there is no doubt in one’s mind as to who has spoken and/or acted.  When He raises a banner against sin, we will see it.  When He lifts His voice against sin, we will hear it.  There will be no doubt as to who has spoken and no doubt as to what He has said.  That has certainly been the case in my own person experience with personal sin when God has brought conviction to me.  But this also reminds me that at Jesus’ second coming, scripture says that every eye shall see Him.  It will be like a banner being raised on a mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment