Thursday, July 13, 2017

The Never-ending circle of salvation



Isaiah 12:2 Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.  The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.

Salvation seems, from this verse, to be tied together with trust, courage (strength) and security (defense).  God is our salvation.  He becomes our salvation as well.  Because He is my salvation, I can trust Him.  Because I trust Him, I have courage (I am not afraid).  Because I trust Him, I am strong in the face of challenges.  I know I have a defense against those challenges.  Because I am courageous, trusting, strong, and defended, I have salvation.  I see this as an example of the unending circle, where one thing leads to another yet it all comes back to the same place: salvation, trust, courage, strength, defense, salvation, trust, courage, strength, defense, salvation, and so on and on goes the great effects of what God provides for me as long as I place my confidence in Him.  It is all centered in God Himself living in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment