Thursday, July 27, 2017

Not just a drop of water



Isaiah 44:2-3a This is what the Lord says – he who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you: Do not be afraid, Jacob, my servant, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.  For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground.

God made me and knows more about me than I do myself!  He says not to be afraid.  These verses are God’s assurance to those He has chosen to be His children, to those who serve Him.  He will meet every need we have as we try to be faithful.  Even when things do not seem to be going well, when our efforts seem unsuccessful (dry) God says He will put water on them.  Not just a few drops of water, but enough to create streams of water.  Not just a sprinkle, but He will pour out the water!  That is why I do not need to be afraid.  God will turn what seems to be a dry spot or a dry spell into something richer.  He won’t keep me in the dry place forever because He made me and He does not want His creation to remain dry or afraid.  He loves His creation too much to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment