Wednesday, July 26, 2017

The elephant and the flea



Isaiah 41:13 For I am the Lord you God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

This picture is another one of God's love, His father-like care of His children.  He will take hold of my hand and help me when enemies come around and try to harm me.  He will take care of those “bullies” for me!  In some similar scriptures God says He will hold me with His right hand (the symbol of strength) but for me it is significant that here it says He will hold my right hand.  In other words, my strength is strengthened by His taking hold.  I can face whatever problem comes along because God is adding His strength to mine and that can remove any fear I have of facing that problem because He is going to help me.  It reminds me of the story of the flea that walked across the bridge by riding on the elephant.  When they reached the other side of the bridge, the flea said to the elephant, “My, didn’t we shake that bridge?”  It is really all God, but He and I can do it “together.”

No comments:

Post a Comment