Monday, July 10, 2017

Smoky Mountain faith





Isaiah 7:9b If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all.

This picture of mountains from our trip one time to the Smoky Mountains of North Carolina came to my mind when thinking about this verse this morning.  They depict strength to me in their steadiness through years of varying weather and other natural phenomena.  My faith in God, in His goodness, His righteousness, His omnipotence … faith in all of that is what keeps me going even in times and circumstances that are difficult.  If I do not believe God is in control and that He will help me through those times, then I will falter.  Faith is what undergirds me.  If my faith falters, I will falter.  That is probably a key reason many people become bitter and even completely turn away from God.  They begin to question God and His omnipotence in all things and before they realize what is happening, they are no longer standing in faith.  I cannot face life successfully, i.e., “standing”, if I do not stand in my faith that God is in control.  I want to have Smoky Mountain faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment