Friday, July 14, 2017

Rebuilding my walls



Micah 7:11 The day for building your walls will come, the day for extending your boundaries.

Once again I am struck by the poetic imagery used in the Scriptures to describe a spiritual truth!  This chapter of Micah talks about the effect of sin and its consequences and punishment on Israel but then comes this verse to describe what comes with restoration after repentance and turning from the sin.  It reminds me that even though I may have a low point after sinning, the day will come when I can look ahead at a new beginning, so to speak.  I can have full restoration spiritually, when I rebuild my walls, and can even see growth (extend my boundaries).  I never have to stay just as I am, just where I am.  God’s pleasure is to see my walls strong and boundaries increased/extended to new areas.  He wants me to be strong and continue to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment