Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Friendship cards

Last Sunday our Sunday School lesson was about the value of encouraging others and the challenge was made to find a way to encourage at least one person in the coming week.  Of course, that got me to thinking about making some encouragement cards that talked about friendship to send to the women God placed in my heart.  So on Monday I sat down with some paper and ink and made several cards to send out during this week. 
The first one I made was all black and white and I really liked how it looked when it was finished.

I used a black and white patterned paper for the background, then stamped and embossed this cute little girl on a piece of plain white cardstock and wrapped some black ribbon around the bottom edge before gluing it to the patterned paper.  I used black and white washi tape to attached a printed message on the inside.



The second card was totally different, using lots of red, orange and yellow.  I have a light bulb stamp with which I stamped and cut out light bulbs using three different papers.  As you can see, I used a glittery gold paper for the center bulb, which, as you move the finished card, looks like it is turning on and off!  I had not thought about that effect, but it was a fun discovery after the fact!
Both cards now sit in our mailbox awaiting the mailman and their delivery tomorrow or the day after to the recipients.



I was reminded of the fact that although I am no expert in art, and my cards are not the fanciest ones you can find, they can still bring a smile to the recipient and in that way I can encourage them.  I know how I feel when I get something like that, and it never matters to me how perfectly done the card is

No comments:

Post a Comment