Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Some will mourn



Matthew 24:30 … then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

I was struck by the description of how people will respond to Jesus’ second coming.  I always think of that event with great anticipation and had never considered it in any other way.  After all, this is the culmination of my faith and I look forward to the inexpressible joy it will bring as I see my Savior and Lord face-to-face.  But as I thought about this verse, I realized in a new way that for those who do not know Jesus as their loving Savior, this event will be bringing sadness and suffering.  They will mourn at His appearance.  For some, it will even represent a hug bite of humility as they are forced to acknowledge His power and glory that they have ignored in their lifetime.  As Philippians says, every knee will bow, it is just some will bow with joy and delight, while others will bow in mourning.  It is sobering to realize once again that not all of those I love and enjoy being with will have the same pleasure when Jesus appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment