Thursday, November 23, 2017

It never fails



Acts 16:6-7, 10 …forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia … the Spirit of Jesus did not allow them … And when Paul had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go into Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them.

The way God directs the life of the person who trusts in Him remains somewhat of a mystery to me even after having had Him leading me for almost 70 years now (ever since I was six years old).  I call it a mystery because there is no way for me to understand how God knows what is best for me, no way except my faith in God Himself.  There are times when circumstances make it clear that God is saying “no” to something even though there is no clear indication of the “why.”  Even when God is clearly saying “yes, this is the way” we do not always know why.  We merely step out in faith, in obedience, trusting God’s omniscience.  He has never misguided me in all the years I have allowed His Holy Spirit to “forbid me,” to “not allow” me, or to “call” me into a path of service and obedience.  I am grateful for His faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment