Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Opened minds



Luke 24:45 Then he opened their minds to understand the scriptures.

The disciples had spent almost all their time with Jesus for three years, watching Him and being exposed to His teaching but thy still had not grasped much of the essence of who He was or what He had been teaching.  In a sense, their minds were still caught up in the teaching and training they had carried from their childhood as Jewish children, taught in the Jewish traditions.  But here, in a room after Jesus’ death and resurrection, Jesus opened their minds and they were ready to not only know but to understand what they knew.  Now they were empowered for future ministry. There is a difference between knowing something and understanding it.  The disciples are certainly not alone in that experience.  Only God can give me the ability to understand what I know.  My prayer is that as I continue to learn, He will continue to give me understanding.  That is the key to any continued spiritual growth or ministry to others that I may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment