Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Be quiet!



Matthew 20:31 the crowd rebuked them and told them to be quiet, but they shouted all the louder, “Lord, Son of David have mercy on us!”

I am almost embarrassed to admit that I cannot remember a time when I felt so strongly about something that being told to “be quiet” did not at least tone down my actions or words.  Although I have strong feelings and opinions about certain things, it is not in my normal personality to respond the way these two blind men did to those trying to quiet them.  But these two knew without any doubt that their only hope for sight was Jesus, and they were willing to do whatever was necessary to get His attention and get help.  Jesus understood their desperation and He did not disappoint their faith.  In the Old Testament, I am reminded of Jacob, who did the same thing – not as noisily, but just as persistently when he would not stop wrestling until God blessed him.  It is that persistent quality that I do not want to miss out on and miss a blessing God intends for me to have.  God, help me to be persistent in my pursuit of godliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment