Thursday, November 9, 2017

Sharing



Matthew 26:18 Go into the city to a certain man and tell him, “The Teacher says, “My appointed time is near.  I am going to celebrate the Passover with my disciples at your house.’”

My mind is filled with questions and responses to this event as I read it.  Who was that “certain man?”  One of the most well-known events leading up to the crucifixion took place in the home of a totally unknown person who obviously was a friend of Jesus.  But his name is not mentioned.  What is immortalized in this story is not who he was, but rather what he made available for Jesus’ use.  What a good lesson for me as I grow older as an “unknown” person wondering what I have to offer the Lord.  The older I get, the more I see myself getting caught in a cycle of routine and am finding it more and more difficult to let go of that in order to make the extra effort to share myself, my time, or my belongings.  I need to remember that this sharing is an important part of my ministry in Jesus’ name.  It is not important who I am but rather what I have made available of myself and/or my belongings that matters.  Another question I ask is: was this a pre-arranged use, arranged between Jesus and the “certain man” ahead of time, or was a “spur of the moment?”  Whichever the case, I see the bottom line as the same principle: that man opened his home.  I can do the same, even without previous planning.  God will use what I make available for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment