Friday, November 17, 2017

Great grace



>Acts 4:33b … and great grace was upon them all.

In those earliest days of the church there were many new believers I Christ and all were facing strong opposition from the religious leaders, especially the apostles.  That opposition, coupled with the unity of faith in Jesus, did create a unique sense of unity with the group of believers.  It was empowering the apostles as the leaders, and the “great grace” that was upon them resulted in some powerful effect:
            1. those who believed were unified (“one heart and soul”, v.32), and “they had everything in common”, v.32b);
            2. they were empowered (“with great power the apostles were giving their testimony,” v. 33a);
            3. they were generous (“not a needy person among them,” v.34).
Grace was the key to the growth of that early church, and if I allow God’s grace to work in me I will see those same elements at work in my life: unity with other believers, empowerment to be a good testimony to others, and generosity.  Lord, may it be so.  I want great grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment