Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Shadow box

 

 I follow Jennifer McGuire and her excellent card-making skill videos almost religiously because she has such great ideas and is so good at teaching the skill in each episode.  This week she had a video about making simple shadow box cards so I tried my hand at it.  Here is what I came up with:

The little bee is attached to a piece of acetate and is glued to the edge of the card so he is "floating" around the little flowers in the background.   Thank you, Honey Bee Stamps for the sentiment and the cute little bee!  The leaves and flowers are from stamps and dies from Hot Off the Press.

The card lays flat in an envelope but stands up easily when taken out.  There is a narrow edge on each side that pulls outward to open the card.  You can just see the edges on each side of the card.

This is definitely not the last shadow box card I'll make!

No comments:

Post a Comment