Tuesday, April 20, 2021

I AM

 Jesus' "I am" statements reveal a lot to me about God and my relationship to Him as His child.  They cover the gamut of human life experiences and that alone tells me that God is interested in all aspects of my life.  He wants to be a part of it all, provision of my needs ("I am the Light of the World", "I am the Bread of Life") to guidance and protection ("I am the Good Shepherd", "I am the Way") to security and peace ("I am the Resurrection and the Life", "I am the Vine").  It culminates in His offer of salvation from sin and spiritual death ("I am the Truth", "I am the Life").  The rest of Scripture confirms the truth and validity of Jesus'  "I am" statements and my own experiences in life of seeing those statements fulfilled is all the extra confirmation I need that I am living a "with-God" life.  For that I will be


eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment