Monday, April 12, 2021

Recognizing God's blessings

 One of the ways I can enhance my spiritual discipline of "with-God living" is recognizing the blessings of God in my life.  When asked the question "How has God blessed me?" a few of them that come to my mind immediately include:

1) God bringing loving people into our family's life, people who introduced us to Christ.  That list would include Ruth, my first Sunday school teacher who taught me about Jesus for the first time and led me to salvation.

2) My language ability, which I had no idea was in me even after studying Latin in high school (and loving it) and French in college.  It was not until I was in Beirut studying Arabic that I saw that blessing from God.

3) My opportunities to learn the art of teaching, which began when I was 13 years old and taught children's church all on my own at our newly established church.

4) The opportunities to develop leadership skills through the years that culminated in a sense with my library work, although I see ways, even now in my retirement, in which I use those skills.  When I remember the low scores my teachers in high school gave me on "leadership" I know without a doubt that the leadership skills I have used since college are indeed a blessing from God!

5) God blessing to me with a husband who is a strong spiritual leader but who also affirms me in so many ways and who loves to see me use my gifts and is not intimidated by that. 

That list does not include the many people who helped me enjoy those blessings, people who encouraged me, taught me, supported me.  I have much for which to be grateful and each blessing is my reminder that I am living a "with-God" life, and I don't want that to stop.




No comments:

Post a Comment