Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Learning to live a "with-God" life

 My experience with church throughout my life has helped me understand what "with-God living" is.  Our family never attended church until I was 6 years old, but when we began attending a small church in our town, our encounters with the believers there showed us the beauty of the community of believers acting together not only in worship but also in just living life.  They taught us by example how to enjoy God's presence.  They taught us how to put God at the center of everything, even of our socializing together.  They played a huge part in preparing us for our move away from that town and into a totally different situation where we had to make our own way, so to speak.  We were able to continue our spiritual journeys on our own, without their help largely because of what those Christians in that church had taught us about God's presence in our lives.  I continue to grow spiritually through my interactions with other believers in church even now in my senior years.  I know that there are many things that are less than perfect in churches, but they can be powerful tools to help us grow spiritually, and for that I am most grateful. 





No comments:

Post a Comment