Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Lord my God



Ezekiel 28:26 They will live there in safety and will build houses and plant vineyards; they will live in safety when I inflict punishment on all their neighbors who maligned them.  Then they will know that I am the Lord their God.

There are so many examples in Ezekiel of what God will do to make sure the Israelites, or in some cases, their enemies, will know that HE is the Lord.  In this verse, God says that the way the Israelites will know He is the Lord their God is when they have calm, secure, safe lifestyles while their enemies go through hard times.  There have been many times I have looked at my easy, safe, secure life and wondered at the blessing of God on me.  I cannot always explain why my life is so much easier than many others, but maybe some of that is in some way related to my being reminded that He is the Lord my God.  Then, too, even when things are not going well for me I still see God's presence in my life and circumstances and that is the contrast between me and an unbeliever who has no peace.  Either way, God uses my situation to remind me that He is the Lord my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment