Monday, September 11, 2017

My possession



Ezekiel 44:28 I am to be the only inheritance the priests have.  You are to give them no possession in Israel; I will be their possession.

The priests were God’s representatives to the children of Israel as well as the people’s representatives to God so theirs was a very important task.  They needed to be able to be fully attentive to their responsibilities and for this reason God wanted them unfettered, unhampered, by things that could distract them.  Possessions have a way of doing that to us.  Possessions and inheritances have a way of taking us over if we are not careful.  For me, this is my reminder that God wants to be my number one “possession” with everything else taking second place.  It is only then that I am able to honor and serve the Lord in my own life, even though I am not a full-time priest as those priests in this verse were.  The principle is the same for me as a member of the “royal priesthood” (I Peter 2:5).

No comments:

Post a Comment