Thursday, September 21, 2017

My legacy



Zechariah 3:8a …you and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come …

When I read this phrase God used when addressing the high priest, I was reminded of the legacy each person leaves to those who come after them.  In this case, God was telling Joshua (the high priest) of the way he was a symbol of God’s mercy and forgiveness and restoration for the people of Israel.  If I am faithful to God in my lifetime, how my life is lived can be a symbol, a testimony, of how God leads and blesses a faithful follower and those who have occasion to reflect on y life in the future (friends, family members, grandchildren) will have in my life a symbol of what they can enjoy of spiritual and heavenly blessing.  It can be my way o f leaving a legacy even if there is not much of material goods to pass along.

No comments:

Post a Comment