Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Cause for celebration



Ezra 6:22 … they celebrated with joy … because the Lord had filled them with joy by changing the attitude of the king of Assyria so that he assisted them in the work on the house of God …

The Israelites had two reasons to celebrate that are my example of how I should view what God does for me.  First, they celebrated because they were able to do work on repairing God’s house.  Just knowing they were going to be able/allowed to do what they really wanted to do was cause enough for celebration.  They were exiles/slaves under the Assyrians and they were going to be allowed to return home to repair damage.  Then, to add joy to that celebration, God had changed the king’s heart and he was supporting the effort.  God had answered their prayer to be able to go home and repair but then God added the extra blessing of the king’s support.  I can always celebrate what God is allowing me to do but there is usually some form of extra blessing that can make my celebration even sweeter if I just look for it … the phone call or note of encouragement, the unexpected meal or visit, the hug or word of encouragement… those can be the joy of the celebration as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment