Wednesday, September 6, 2017

God's pleasure



Ezekiel 33:11 As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live.

In this verse, I see that God has great pleasure in those of us who choose to love, honor, obey and live for Him.  He created man to be a reflection of His own glory and so that is what brings the greatest pleasure to Him.  My life, when lived the way God intended when He created me, not only fulfills me as an individual, but also fulfills Him as the Creator.  When I live according to His Words, I have more peace, greater joy, and a satisfaction that is deeper than I could have any other way (Proverbs 6:22)  and God finds greater satisfaction in His creation.   This verse also reminds me that God does not want to have to punish anyone … He is not a harsh judge.  He would far rather save us than judge us.  He is a loving Creator God, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to the Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment