Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Changed by worship



Ezekiel 46:9b No one is to return through the gate by which they entered, but each is to go out the opposite gate.

This verse is talking about the people who come to participate in worship and I was struck by this part of the verse that reminded me that my encounters with God should have me leaving by a different “gate.”  I do not know what the “real” meaning of this was for the children of Israel, although it seems to speak to the orderliness with which God wanted the temple worship to be carried out, but what I saw for myself here was the need to be different in some way whenever I leave God’s presence.  If I am always coming and going toe same way, the implication is that I am no different from the encounter with God and that means staleness.  If I am leaving out from the “opposite gate,” the implication is “change.”  That is what God wants for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment