Wednesday, December 20, 2017

My beauty



I Peter 3:4 Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.

I have never felt beautiful and have often joked that my beauty is just well-hidden from view.  In a more serious sense, however, aside from the jest, this verse tells me that what God sees as most beautiful, most precious, about me is indeed emanating from within me.  My true character, honed by my Savior’s work of grace and mercy in my heart and in my spirit, is my gentle and quiet spirit.  That gentleness and quietness is like Jesus’ spirit, displayed for all to see in His life on earth.  The beauty of that way of life is the imperishable beauty and it is what I most want people to see and to remember about me when I am no longer living on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment