Thursday, April 27, 2017

Worship is important



I Chronicles 6:64 So the Israelites gave the Levites those towns and their pasturelands.

From the very beginning of the establishment of the tabernacle, the principle of accommodating those who are ministers was established  In Exodus, the Levites were given the tasks revolving around worshipping God, and when the Israelites took possession of the Promised Land, that principle continued.  The rest of the tribes of Israel each gave some land in their territory to the Levites, thereby sharing the responsibility of supporting those responsible for leading them in worship.  The task to which the Levites were assigned was important enough to God that He established that support principle from the beginning, and it is my reminder of the importance God places on worship, as well as on those who are called to lead me in worship.  I need to remember that those who are leading me deserve my highest respect because of the role they are fulfilling in God’s plan, just as the Levites did in ancient Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment