Monday, April 24, 2017

Set your heart on pilgrimage



Psalm 84:5-6 Blessed are those whose strength is in you; who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.  As they pass through the Valley of Baka, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools.  They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.

The first thing that struck me as I was reading these verses was that those who were blessed were those who had set their hearts on pilgrimage.  The result of that determination is that their strength is in the Lord.  I was reminded that my strength and my blessing are directly related to my determination, the setting of my heart, to the pilgrimage of walking with God.  My determination happens inside me but the result is more visible because as I make pilgrimage and go through dry, difficult places I make a difference in the landscape, leaving springs and pools of water.  At the same time I am refreshed at every step, going from strength to strength.  God truly does not waste any experience on me OR on those observing me and my pilgrimage.  This certainly gives a new perspective to whatever challenges I may be facing in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment