Saturday, April 8, 2017

Using Distress Inks

I had to make a thank you card this week and because I have been working at learning to make the best and most use of distress ink, I decided to use my new set that I found on sale several weeks ago.  Using white card stock, I embossed the entire piece I wanted for the front of the card using white embossing powder.  After heat embossing it, I shaded the embossed area with four shades of ink, then wiped it lightly with a cloth to clean the ink off the embossed parts.   Then I did the same thing with just one flower and some leaves and added them using puffy tape.
 
 I had done that before and love the results, but this time I added one other step;  I sprayed the entire paper with glittery clear spray and if you look hard at this side view of the card you may be able to see the glittering aspect, especially in the upper right corner, plus a better view of the raised flower.
I really like the springtime look with these soft colors, and I want to try another spring look today using another process I've been reading about using distress ink (distress ink is water activated so I hope to make a water-colored look on the next card). 

No comments:

Post a Comment