Thursday, April 20, 2017

Serving God properly



Psalm 130:4 …with you there is forgiveness, so that we can, with reverence, serve you.

It is not possible to serve the Lord without having first been forgiven...  I have always known this intuitively to some extent, but this verse struck me especially strongly with that truth.  I must experience God’s forgiveness before I can serve Him adequately.  And without that forgiveness I cannot be reverent enough to serve Him, either.  Also, forgiveness and reverence seem to be key elements in effective service because they are two keys to the beginning of spiritual life within one’s heart.  If, in my service to God I can display forgiveness and reverence to unbelievers, they can be drawn to Christ and salvation more effectively.  I pray that I will always be a good example of both of these to others.  If I can do so, my service to God will be something He can actually use.

No comments:

Post a Comment