Monday, April 10, 2017

REMEMBER album

I just finished making a new mini album... one that will hold a minimum of 22 photographs, most of them up to 4 x 6 size.  I titled it "Remember."
Here is the front cover:
I love the colors and designs in this packet of paper I purchased from Paper Wishes called "Charming."  Love the teals and pinks and grays on the paper.  I had bought it with card making in mind but when I saw the idea of this mini album on Pinterest, I immediately thought of these papers and am so pleased with the final result.
Here are some sample pages from the album:

 Each page is a pocket that holds a two-sided tab for photos.

What I think is so "neat" is that this album is made from plain brown lunch bags... the cheap ones you can buy for just pennies a packet!  I must admit I did a little rearranging of each bag (each bag is a page/pocket), but the end result is a lot of fun, I think.
I did not like two things that each bag had (the little zig-zaggy top and the gussets on each side of the bag that make it open up to a rectangle instead of a flat pocket), so I fixed both with a paper cutter and some glue, as you can see in the next two pictures:

I won't go into details here about how I turned the bag into a pocket, but it was not difficult to do, just a little time consuming.
For the next step, I punched holes in the bottom of each bag, then covered two pieces of chipboard with decorative paper that I would attach to the front and back bags of the book.  This made a stiff spine when all the bags were glued together at the bottom of the bags.  The holes were for tying ribbon to make a pretty way to tie all the bags together, and I did glue them together even though it technically would not have been necessary.


When the book was fully assembled, I cut paper for each page and each tag and glued them onto the pages and the tags (that I had cut out of kraft card stock paper), and attached a tab to each tag (did you notice them on the completed album?).





No comments:

Post a Comment