Friday, April 14, 2017

3-D cards

I spent the day yesterday working on two special card projects that I needed in the next week.  Both were card styles I had never tried before and I must say, I am pleased with the results!
The first one is a birthday card for a special friend:


I used the "Dutch Door" style card.  You will see why it is called that when you see how the card opens.  First, the top of the "door" opens:
Then you open the bottom doors for a further message:
This was so much fun to make... not hard, but the end result is lots of fun for the maker and (hopefully) the recipient as well!
My other card project was a thank you for someone who has performed a great service for Russ and me for several years.  This person studied French in Paris many years ago and so I though the Eiffel Tower theme for the front of the card was perfect for her.
The card is made like a small booklet, so it has a spine about 1/4 in. wide to acommodate three pockets on the right side inside the card. 

We will put a note in the middle pocket and as you can see, I put tea bags in the other two pockets because she is a tea drinker.



No comments:

Post a Comment