Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Rich food



Psalm 63:5 I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

Scripture sometimes has such beautiful word pictures that carry such rich meaning!  That is the way this verse is to me.  To speak of how satisfying the taste of eating rich food is so picturesque.  I immediately think of a slice of one of my favorites, a plain New York style cheesecake, and of the delight it is, not just in the flavor, but with the additional smooth texture that fills my mouth and the lingering taste that coats my tongue.  I always hate to see it go with drinking something or brushing my teeth.  That is what I think of with this verse, and the picture it gives me of how satisfying it is to read these rich scriptures or hear and sing a beautifully worded and harmonized hymn.  They bring my spirit into tune with God’s Spirit and in doing so I find a deep and rich satisfaction that is unlike any other satisfying experience.  Only God can provide the richness like the richest of foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment