Monday, April 2, 2018

Thank you in gold and purple

When sister Beverly brought me some metallic gold card stock she found at an office supply store, I wanted to make her a thank you card using some of the paper because I could tell it would be beautiful on cards.  Sure enough, when I got it finished, the card (I think) is beautiful!  I had some metallic purple card stock already and it made a lovely complement to the gold.  A touch of bright green was just enough to add the pop of color.  Then I realized that Freshly Made Sketches has a challenge right now with just the right layout idea so I am going to enter my card this week.  I'm usually too slow, but I guess I have an extra spring in my step now that spring has truly sprung, and we have all the pollen to prove it!
The sketch I was following was  Freshly Made Sketches

I carried the "theme" of color into the inside of the card although my photograph seems a bit blurry!


2 comments:

  1. What a pretty card! I love that purple flower and that pretty rectangle! So sweet! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so springy done in purple with the pop of green! Pretty card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete