Monday, April 9, 2018

My first folio album

When I came across pictures of a folio album on Pinterest, I immediately fell in love with the layout idea and since I had a set of papers from Paper Wishes that I was planning to use for some kind of mini album, I set to work to use this paper and I LOVE  the results! 
The paper set had a sheet that had a flower collage in the lower left corner with the blue pattern and pink stripes, so I used that as the base of the front.  It opens with the panel you see on the right.  I added the gold butterflies at the bottom and a die-cut pink and maroon flower beside the rose buds.  By the way, the base of the folio is black card stock.

When you open the right panel, this is what you see:
I covered the inside of the panel with plain pink patterned paper then added a cutout of flowers from the top left corner of the paper that had the flowers on the bottom left, as described above.  I die cut a flower and leaves and added them to the lower part of the panel just for added dimension and interest.  
Now, open the left panel all the way to see the rest of the folio:
The left side is a pocket with three tags in it, one of which (the deep red one) is actually a folded 3 1/2  x 4 1/2 in. booklet that has four panels total.  Both of the other two tags (one is 5 x 7 in. and one is 4 x 6) are two-sided.
The flower and butterfly decorating the pocket is a three dimensional decoration:
The center panel is a "waterfall" album that has seven two-sided panels.
All in all, there is space for at least 22 photos or journaling spaces.

I like this so much, I plan to make several others with paper sets I have in my stash.  I think it is quite striking~  I can hardly wait to see how others will turn out!


No comments:

Post a Comment