Wednesday, April 18, 2018

In the shadow of God's wings


Psalm 17:3b I have purposed that my mouth will not transgress.

In the Bible I am currently using for my devotions, each psalm has been given a title by the publisher/editor, and the title of this psalm is “In the Shadow of Your Wings.”  As I read through the fifteen verses this morning, I noticed numerous ways “another “top ten list is coming!) in which the one who lives in the shadow of His wings displays that way of living.  My prayer is that my life will reflect these same characteristics.
            1. Living free of deceit (v. 1b)
            2. Determination to not sin (v.3b)
            3. Avoiding sinful ways (v.4b)
            4. Carefully obeying God (v.5)
            5. Praying regularly (v.6)
            6. Experiencing God’s love (v.7)
            7. Protection by God (v.8)
            8. Deliverance from the wickedness around me (v.13)
            9. Seeing God work (v.15a)
            10. Finding satisfaction in God (v.15b)

No comments:

Post a Comment